Wednesday 7 September 2016

Photo challenge Week 36 Artistic: Food



This week's photo challenge theme is food, and since it's in the 'artistic' category I decided to start out by shooting a traditional style still life. I used my product photography light tent for the set-up, but in this instance it was mainly to create a mini studio similar to a V-flat set-up for the backdrop rather than using the sides to shoot through as doing so was far too bright and didn't create the kinds of Rembrandt-y deep shadows that I wanted.


 After I finished with the bowl, I started looking around for other ways I could display the fruit and after spotting these teacups, I found inspiration in one of my favourite Shirley Jackson stories.

It's always a great day when I can combine my passion for photography with my love of reading.


'Merricat, said Connie, would you like a cup of tea?
Oh no, said Merricat, you'll poison me.
Merricat, said Connie, would you like to go to sleep?
Down in the boneyard ten feet deep!' - 'We Have Always Lived in the Castle', Shirley Jackson.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment