Monday 25 July 2016

The Wood


After watching Brave for the millionth time Rory asked if we could visit the woods this weekend so that she could run around like Merida. The woods we could do, her Dad even carved her a surprisingly effective bow and arrow from a branch, though we had to draw the line of practically at the ballgown she planed on wearing. I took along my 24mm to see how it would stand up by itself without being able to switch to another lens and I was really impressed by it's versatility. I can't believe I was so worried about shooting wide angle, when as it turns out I think I prefer it. For so long my shooting 'style' was built around shallow depth of field, close crops and small detail. So it's incredibly refreshing to work with much more space, composing scenes as a whole but still keeping the sharpness and being able to shoot surprisingly close if I want to capture detail. I even like the vignette.

























No comments:

Post a Comment