Wednesday 24 February 2016

Photo Challenge week 8 Landscape : Panorama


 This Week was themed 'Panorama', which was tricky since I'd misplaced the attachment for my tripod when I did my first try. But then I had a brainwave throwback to 2006.


At college, along with Sally Mann and Martin Parr I was obsessed with David Hockney and I tried making my own joiner for a project set against the glorious backdrop of my favourite haunt in Wolverhampton. Not bad for a first try, and in film, no less. Gold stars all round for 17 year old me!


 Having ordered a new tripod mount, I attempted a traditional panorama, but no. Landscapes still aren't my strongest skill (and just look at that horizon line!)


 So I tried a digital joiner, which I think is a much better result for me. I really like the transitions in light and white balance in different frames and putting it together was like a fun little jigsaw, not like a trail in misery like the panorama was.



No comments:

Post a Comment