Wednesday 27 January 2016

Photo Challenge Week 4 Portrait: Headshot


Not having a permanent studio set up can be incredibly frustrating sometimes, especially when I'm feeling inspired, but not feeling like I want to spend 20 minutes setting up my portable gear. That being said, not having a fixed studio definitely forces me to be more flexible and creative when taking portraits by working with the available space, and has sharpened my eye to ambient light and makeshift backdrops which has proved to be incredibly handy at weddings especially.

I took this shot in the little patio area outside of my house, using it's 3 white walls to act both as light reflectors and backdrop and used my 50mm to make a nice narrow depth of field to blur out the background texture of the walls.




No comments:

Post a Comment